Resolved Eat Your veggies!!

1. Ken Thomas
  2. Support Discussions
  3. Sunday, May 29 2016, 12:04 PM
  4.  Subscribe via email

A few days ago, during a routine eye exam, my optometrist exclaimed how the blood vessels and surface of my retina contained features typically only seen in young people under the age of 30. She found this remarkable because I am in my mid-60's. This finding was mentioned to a family member whose response was that it must be attributed to all the veggies I eat.

I would like to point out that while that is certainly true, it is even more attributable to what I DO NOT eat. I say that because as healthy as whole, unprocessed fruits and vegetables are, they simply cannot compete with the damage inflicted by animal proteins and fats. In other words; you can't consume animal products and expect adding some fruits and veggies to protect against the damage.

Interesting to note that I eliminated all animal products from my diet during my 30's.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Our Mission Statement: To Provide Starch-SmartĀ® Dietary Care Extraordinaire - From Sun to Plant to Plate by empowering education, support and encouragement through family-friendly social networking, knowledge sharing, blogs, recipes, news feeds, health science and more.